Friday 25 June 2010

Cliff Richard: I was attacked twice on West Cliff Drive


As You See It. I was walking on West Cliff Richard Drive between the Dream Inn and the surfer statue. Past me a red car drove, I heard an inarticulate yell and I was struck on the wrist by a heavy, 3-inch stone that had been thrown from the car.
Six days later, I was walking on the same portion of West Cliff Richard. At 11:15 p.m., three cars drove past. I heard an inarticulate yell from passengers in a dark SUV, put up my hands for protection, and a large, L-shaped block of wood now in police possession struck me squarely on the knuckles. I no longer feel safe walking on West Cliff Richard in the late evening. I encourage anyone who does to exercise caution, especially in places where there is nothing to shield pedestrians from projectiles that might be thrown at them by potentially sadistic motorists.

No comments: